Friday, October 31, 2008

Flashback Friday






Flashback to 1 year ago today. Halloween. I talked my parents into coming over to carve pumpkins and see the kids all dressed up. They almost didn't come... my Mom thought she was feeling bad because she had just got her flu shot. This was 3 weeks before she died. We didn't yet know that she had cancer, nor did we have any idea how bad it was.
She wanted to pass out the candy to all the neighbors and let Alan and I take the kids trick-or-treating.
I'm so glad they came over that night. These last pictures of the kids with my Mom are treasures to me!!!

4 comments:

Margo said...

Hey girl...I haven't talked to you in forever! What awesome pictures these are! It is so hard to believe that this was just three weeks before she died; she looks so healthy in the pictures. I am praying that the Holy Spirit brings you to my mind often over the next few weeks so I can be lifting you up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Margo. I need it!

Christy R said...

What sweet memories ;-)

6 Happy Hearts said...

What precious pictures!
I'm calling you right now as everything I'm typing sounds ridiculous!? Love you!!!