Saturday, May 3, 2008

You Know You've Been Married for 10 Years When...


Today is our 10 year anniversary.

You know you've been married for 10 years when:
-You spend the morning running to soccer and t-ball games
-You come home and spend the whole afternoon cleaning, running to Home Depot, taking kids to birthday parties, etc.
-The rest of the afternoon is spent working together on painting the exterior of the house
-at 6:00pm you start to get tired and wonder what's for dinner.
-Your husband says "is this one of those things I'll never live down for the rest of my life? That we spent our 10 year anniversary painting...working in the yard...kids all around us...no flowers... no fancy dinner..."
-And in reality, all you want to do is exactly what you're doing! Just hang out!

I ran to the store to pick up stuff for dinner. We grilled steaks, had potato and broccoli salad, bread, and I bought a cake for dessert. We all ate out on the back patio, watched the Chronicles of Narnia, and had a wonderful evening. I couldn't have asked for a better evening. THIS is where we are in life, 10 years later, and I feel incredibly blessed.

ps. Selah took this picture of us

No comments: