Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow/Ice Day #2... No School





It's official! We are now celebrating Christmas season. I finally finished the last of the platters I had to paint. I don't know for sure how many I painted this fall. Well over a hundred. ahhhhhhh. Makes me want to go soak in a hot bubble bath just thinkin' about it!
SOOOOO, the kids and I had another day at home all day (due to icy roads). I went at it ~ gung-ho! I rolled out homemade biscuits and made soup for lunch. The kids and I made, baked, and decorated sugar cookies, wrapped some presents, danced around the living room to Christmas music (which somehow turned into a game of London Bridges Falling Down), and mailed off some Christmas cards. I made dinner, and now I'm hiding from everyone as I sit behind the desk blogging. I'm really tired, but it was a fun day!
I think tomorrow we will definitely make our way to Chick-Fil-A with friends for lunch. Ice or not.

2 comments:

6 Happy Hearts said...

I'm not letting my kiddos see this post. They will be all over making cookies & I'm trying to wait until next week?!
The stockings are beautiful : )

Christy R said...

Looks like you guys had fun making cookies! We miss seeing you all - we need to get together SOON!!!