Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Aberles!! (we ARE the Aberles)


We are so blessed to get to be together with Alan's family each year for the holidays. I have so many neat memories of each Christmas with them, beginning with the ones in the South Dakota snow.
Every Christmas that I can think of (except maybe the one where Grandpa was vacuuming the floor under my baby WHILE we were all still eating ~ yeah, maybe not that one), okay... so almost every Christmas... is so relaxing. So enjoyable. So full of tradition. So full of fun, laughter, and as for as long as I've been around, full of kids! Which means, full of fun times with a Grandpa and Grandma.
I love spending time with my first Sister, Theresa! She's one of my favorites! :-)
All of us girls have fun in the kitchen. The kids have fun together. And I think the guys just enjoy hangin' out and a little relaxation.

The highlights this year were the AWESOME meal Theresa made for us with the authentic Lithuania flare; the Grandkids and the hand-bell show; the "his and her" nighties given to us from Adam and Theresa (Oh~My~Word!?!?), the family pictures (that turned out so cute) and the family sing-song, and for my kids ~ their first year to do a scavenger hunt for their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa. My favorite tradition is that each of us individual families plan, shop, prepare, and serve a meal to the rest of us. I LOVE this part! Alan made his famous omelets, and I made the Pioneer Woman's homemade cinnamon rolls. MMMM-MMMM-MMmmmm.
This year our time in Springfield was shorter than usual since Alan had more commitments at work, but still a sweet time together.





No comments: