Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kids Say The Darndest Things

For Sure!!! My kids have been cracking me up today!

We were just getting ready to start our science lessons on "teeth" when the kids started saying they were hungry...

Since we've had so much sugar today (ie. 2 Valentines Day parties), for a snack I steamed some broccoli and cauliflower (no~ I'm not a mean Momma... that happens to be my kids' favorite veggie dish).

A funny little conversation went like this:

me - Charis, I made some broccoli and white broccoli for you - the cauliflower!

C - Yeah! I love broccoli and white broccoli!!

B - Me too! And I love white broccoli and wheat broccoli!!
(ha! ha! ha!)


Then, a few minutes later as they were sitting there eating their green, white, and wheat ;-) broccoli, I was looking through my new Trisha Yearwood cookbook, showing Selah some of the pictures of the different recipes, and reading some of the excerpts.

Unbeknownst to her, I put the cookbook down and grabbed her science book. I flipped open to a page I needed to photo copy that just shows a giant tooth. She is suppose to label the 3 parts of it (crown, neck, and root). I flipped the diagram around and showed it to her, and was teaching her the 3 parts. She sat and listened, and then said "but I can't figure out why she would put that in her cookbook?!?!?"
(ha! ha! ha!)
I flipped the science book cover over and showed her that it wasn't the cookbook, but her science book, and we all belly laughed for a couple minutes. So funny!

Ahhhh. That was much needed!

No comments: