Saturday, June 19, 2010

Boating and Fishing @ Skiatook Lake



Ha! Ha! I love this picture of the kids looking over the side of the boat to see if we caught any catfish! My Dad let us use his catfish jugs and I got to teach everyone all about baiting, setting the jugs, and then checking the next morning to see if we had any luck. It was so fun! And now the guys all think I'm cool ~ hee! hee! Anyway, it was fun and I was happy to get to show everyone how to do it. Of course, the kids loved it. The next morning we did have several decent sized catfish on our lines. We ended up giving the fish to some people that were camping near us, and they were quite excited to clean and eat the fish.




Then the rest of the day was spent skiing, tubing, and [attempting] to wakeboard. For some reason I got up the first time, but was knocked down pretty quick by waves. And I could NOT get back up!?!? I tried and tried and for whatever crazy reason couldn't get back up. So I knee boarded instead. Alan wakeboarded for awhile but hit a big wave h-a-r-d and was done for the day after a bad fall.

We bought a pair of kid-size skiis for the kids. I was skiing at their age, so we talked to them about it and they were excited to try it out. Bryson and Selah were both able to ski a little ways. It was cool! But they were kind-a timid so didn't stay up more than a minute maybe. Hopefully we can get back on the water so they can try again soon! Charis wanted to try, but we didn't think she was quite big enough yet. She wasn't happy about it, but a ride in the tube made it all better! I was enjoying the moment so much watching them get up on their skis that I didn't snap a picture ~ bummer! Next time!
I love being on the lake! We had a great weekend camping and playing on the water.




No comments: