Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Very Tiny (Almost Not) Sneak Peek

Here's a peek of the skirt I made for Selah to wear on Animal Kingom day.




Charis is excited to see me sewing, and (no surprise to me) wanted to try it herself! I am making 4 or 5 outfits for the kids to wear while we are in Disney World, and while at the fabric store we found a bolt of Minnie Mouse fabric already gathered at the bodice. So we pinned it to her size, and she got to sew it straight up the back, thus *making* her first dress! It came off the bolt already hemmed, but I added a pretty pink ribbon ruffle at the bottom to make it even more fun! When she sews with me, she sits in my lap, I press the peddle and help her guide the fabric under the presser foot.
Charis was very excited and pleased with her new dress, and I think wore it for 2 or 3 days straight! It's super cute, purple, perfect for a hot Disney day, and "Made By Charis, With Love." Oh, and it's also strapless. Ha!







No comments: