Saturday, June 21, 2008

Birthday Party at the Zoo


For those of you who know me very well at all, you know that planning and throwing a celebration, ie. Birthday Party, for my children is one of my very favorite things to do. Selah wanted to have her birthday party at the zoo this year. She thought about her favorite animals, the elephant, and the giraffe. I was already picturing really cute pink and giraffe print invitations in my head, when she said "I'll have a pink flamingo party, since I love pink so much!" And that is what brought out my little "secret" love affair that I've kept to myself all these years ~ ha.
So pink flamingo we did, and it was a great party. The kids rode the carousel and then we took the train to the back of the zoo. We fed the birds in the Feather Fest exhibit, and then celebrated her birthday at this really neat little shelter nearby.
There was lots of pink and flamingo everywhere, and most importantly, lots of people we love were there to celebrate with us.
Happy Birthday Baby Girl! You are everything I could ever want in a daughter! I love the you that you are!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

It was very cute party. Thank you for having us there. One of the best parts of being a mommy is to watch your children have a great time with good friends. Thanks!

Christy R said...

Looks like a great time! So sorry we had to miss it!