Wednesday, June 4, 2008


I love blogging! It's so much fun keeping up with my own blog, and I really enjoy reading all my friends blogs too. Today I want to share my brother's blog with y'all. Remember Saturday Night Live back in the 90's..."Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy?" Well, my brother's blog is kind of like the whole "deep thoughts" thing (but without the SNL flare ;) A couple of my friends have told me they have visited his blog, via my blog. And one of you even went to his website and listened to one of his sermons on-line. Pretty cool. Well, since we live in this day and age where we love to "link and learn" I just had to offer it for your intellectual pleasure.
I'm sure it would boost his ego... I mean... I'm sure he would be happy to have you keep it in your blog lists if you so choose. Matt is 2 years younger than me, he and his wife are planting a church in Chicago. I know I've said it before, but he is my favorite preacher! He's so insightful. I often wonder if all he does is sit around in a winged-back chair, puffing on a cigar (one of the things he likes about living in Chicago...preachers can do that~ha), and ponder the intricacies of the Greek New Testament.
No pressure Matt, obviously your blog is your spot to be philosophical, spiritual, critical, sentimental, analytical, or just plain goofy. In any case, I like the intellectual boost is gives me when I read your blogs. It's kind of like flipping the little daily (or lately, more like weekly) calendar next to the sink... getting that little encouragement, accountability, "ouch", or inspiration for the day.

Just check out his blog www.matt-summers.com

Now, if I could just get his wife to start a blog too! I'm sure we'd get to see more pictures of our nephews that way!
I love you guys!

5 comments:

6 Happy Hearts said...

Matt ROCKS!!!
And your Aruba pics are precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks for the encouragement. No the pressure is really on. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Make that "NOW" the pressue is really on.

Anonymous said...

This is the BEST POST EVER! Matt Summers is brilliant and sexy.

Anonymous said...

I regularly post pix of the kids on my facebook profile...just put some up today! I also blog notes about the kids occasionally.