Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pineapple Upside Down Cake ~ Made With LOVE



Every year Alan and the kids make me a pineapple upside cake for my birthday. Alan has been making me one since the first year we got married. I was enjoying sitting in my comfy leather chair, curled up with my new favorite blanket, watching him and the kids in the kitchen, lovingly and excitedly making my cake. I thought to myself "please try to freeze this moment in my mind ~ forever!" Then I realized, I better get up, grab the camera, and take some pictures. And then put it on my blog. Now that I'm 35 you know... the Mommy brain just ain't what it used to be. lol!

As I was watching them bake my cake, I remembered back to when we lived in our apartment in Joplin. Our nephews were staying with us for a week. I have a memory of them helping Alan make me a pineapple upside down cake. He took them shopping, and they bought me a stuffed yellow bunny (I think Alex picked it out) and some candy. At that time, Austin and Alex were the same ages that Selah and Bryson are now. Wow. Now our nephews are high school and college age. It sure goes by fast.

I'm thankful for another year of life with my husband and my kids. It does go by fast. And I'm trying to remember to savor every moment. Just like the one tonight of the kids being so excited to bake me a cake.



3 comments:

KRISTYD said...

So sweet! I am glad they take care of you on your special day!!

Just Wedeminute said...

What great helpers! That upside down cake looks yummy, so glad they take care of you on your bday!!!

Unknown said...

So sweet, what great memories!