Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cowboy Football (but not THE Cowboys)

We are having so much fun right now! This year for SuperBowl we decided to stay home and enjoy the game, just me and Alan and the kids. We made little smokies, veggies and dip, chips and queso, cowboy cookies, and Selah's special request... hot apple cider. The kids helped me make the cowboy cookies. I explained to them that it's my favorite chocolate chip recipe. And that Uncle Andrew made a batch when Alan and I were dating. I told the kids it was a recipe from Grandma Lou Lou, which she got from her mom, which was passed down from her mom. So our cookies were from a recipe from their Great-Great Grandma. Right now they are taking their first bites... and the verdict?!?!?!!?
Selah: "I like it! It tastesess like oatmeal to me. Milk pul-ease!"
Bryson: "Bad" (yet, he's still eating it)
Charis: shakes her head yes when I asked her if she likes her cookie

Back to the game. I like the Patriots and the Giants, (Patriots will set a perfect season record, and Eli Manning (Giants) is so young it would be cool if he wins it) so I'm happy with either team winning.

No comments: