Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Big O' Pot of Chili Recipe

Last night for Charis' birthday she wanted chili and fritos for dinner, so I threw together a huge pot, and it turned out to be my best yet! I thought I would share, mostly so when I go to make it again this fall/winter, I'll remember where I can find my recipe ;)


This made 1 huge stock pot full... fed 8 adults and 3 kids.

3 1/3 pounds ground beef, browned in the stock pot.

add:
2 cans black beans
2 cans dark red kidney beans
1 can pinto beans (all beans rinsed and drained)

add:
2 cans diced tomatoes, "seasoned for chili" kind
1 can diced tomatoes, "basil, garlic, oregano" kind

add:
2 pkgs. mild chili seasoning
1 pkg. hot chili seasoning

and some salt and pepper.


Did I mention that it was deeeee-lish? Oh yeah, that was in my previous post. Well, it was deeeee-lish!! Try it!

1 comment:

janice said...

sound good Cari. will have to stock up on ingredients and make it soon!