Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tiny Piece of Enjoyment


At the Homeschoolin' Mom's Retreat, I received a "Favorite Things" gift from my new friend Toni. She gave one of her favorite worship CD's, which I totally love! It reminds me a tiny bit of Silver Dollar City, and has a fun "country" kick to it. I'm really enjoying it. Great background worship music. Also... you know the big thick blue rubber bands that come on the bunch of broccoli from the store? Well... she put 2 of those rubber bands in her give-away, and said they are an awesome kitchen tool for opening jars! Place one rubber band on the lid, and one on the jar, and twist! Viola! Haven't tried it yet, but she said it works wonders.
And perhaps my favorite part... she gave a bag of Ghirdardelli chocolates. She said her special secret with the chocolate is that when she needs a little "pick-me-up" throughout the day (or even just for the Mommy-heck-of-it) she pulls out a couple little pieces of the chocolate, and enjoys them a few pieces at a time. Sounds great, huh!?!? 'Cept, I don't really like chocolate by itself, so I improvised. I made teeny-tiny little oatmeal, pecan, chocolate chip cookies, that I will freeze and hide and use for the Mommy-heck-of-it when I need it or want it. Love it! Needless to say, I've already had one today. Thanks Toni!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Those look sooo yummy! What a great idea. I'm so glad you enjoyed your gift. :)